Saturday, April 1, 2017

Skeleton is a Creepy Word

It's been really fun working on the website. I don't know if I've mentioned before, but since last year with my Foundation Portfolio I have grown fond of design and now I am falling in love for web design. I have a lot of fun trying things out, changing the background, positioning pictures, creating links, and mostly trying to come up with creative layouts for the pages. It's an adventure each time I log on to Wix, because I never know what I will discover or how it will look like once I'm done. I've talked about my endless dilemma with ONLY the header, so imagine what I go through with the rest of the website... extensive work. I drew a sketch of what I had in mind for the home page, because I find sketching always helpful as brainstorming, especially when it comes to design. I find that once I put pencil on paper stuff just flows out and I can see it as a big picture.

Sorry if pencil is hard to read, I hate sketching in pen.
Basically what I think my home page should look like. I'm trying to keep a "space" theme -I know it sounds lame, but bare with me- to go with the name of the band and the album cover (refer to the link); I have a Saturn drawing, the circles for the news, the starry background, so that the website can act as a marketing product for the album. The more I remind people that this is what it looks like, the more it will STICK. I want it to stick. The right side of the paper is some alternatives for what I drew in the main sketch, in the case that if I transfer it to the website and don't like it, I have a plan B. (Maybe I should come up with a plan C, just in case).

For the home page I mostly followed the format of RHCP's website, regarding the content, while incorporating my own vision for the layout. I also added the documentary video as the first thing one sees when they go on the website, because introducing the band is my #1 goal. The social media links are going to be next to the menu links, but I haven't yet decided if they're going to be in a drop-down menu format (where I have a button that says "social media", you click and stuff ~shows up~) or just links. They are right there at the top with the purpose of getting people directed to their social media; the platforms are the only place where fans engage with the band, and it's important that they do so -my target audience enjoys feeling connected. Which brings me to the bottom: 'site by Wix', to give credit to the software; the logo, as a reminder to the audience -in case they have forgotten after this long journey to the bottom- of what the brand of the band is; social media links, once again, because repetition makes it permanent in one's head and I WANT IT TO STICK.

I have re-acquire my taste for surprises after working on the website so... all you get is a sketch for now. Maybe I'll show some sketches of the other pages. Maybe there will be some sneak peaks soon. Maybe you'll only see it when it's all done.

Guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment