Tuesday, April 4, 2017

#recordingsessions

A picture of Jean and Rafa to light up your day.
I have a new vlog ~cheers~ to give an insider's perspective on what it is to record a song. The footage is from the second day, when they were basically just doing the final, smaller layers, so there's nothing on the recording of the lyrics. It was a super fun experience for me because I got to see some of the work that goes into recording a song, and even though none of them are professionals they can still come up with pretty good results. Jake, the guy I interviewed during the vlog, was the one doing the technical work (recording each layer, placing them, shaving off unnecessary sounds, etc.) and I thought that speaking to him would be the best way to convey what was happening.

I also thought of placing the lyrics right here, just in case anyone is interested...

There are those who will say
You will find your peace someday

It's your life, it's your way
There's no reason you should wait

Take a stand, hold my hand,
Let me wake up far away

But you're still picking up the pieces
Of a broken start

I'm thinking about you, dreaming about you, I'm alone (my heartbeat, my heartbeat)

I'm thinking about you, singing about you, on my own (my heartbeat, my heartbeat)


That is it. I'm ~hella~ excited to hear the final version and I hope y'all are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment