Thursday, April 6, 2017

Exploring Markham

We filmed the first set of video yesterday, UHUUUU! There was a delay on the time we started filming, because Santi had an emergency and had to cancel, so we just decided to start the solo parts. Jean took us to Markham Park, a park here in Weston, which is huuuge and has a thousand different settings that we could take advantage of. Here's a little vlog of how the day went...


I think I should also give a brief explanation of what my vision for the video was. I've mentioned before that we were going for a fully promotional video, since I'm trying to expose them as much as I can. The idea of the video is to have Rafa, Carlos, and Jean on three different settings and Santi driving a car, and towards the end of the video Santi picks up each one of them and they all drive to their studio to play. In each of their settings they are playing the song, jamming to the music, which is what happens in promotional music videos. The whole video alternates between the scenes in the different settings and the studio, where they are all together playing. The special touch is that the shots in the studio are happening in slow motion (they played in a faster tempo and I'm going to slow it down during editing). I know the idea seems a little basic, but I wanted to keep it that way so I can be very creative during editing. The video of "Red Hands" by Walk Off the Earth (which I've posted before) inspired me to take that decision, because even though I think editing like that would take me WAY TOO MUCH time, I still want to create something cool and different as they did.

Excited, nervous, and restless about editing this video. I'm starting this weekend. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment