Saturday, March 19, 2016

Perfectionism Symptoms

Yes, I am a perfectionist. I love things neat and organized, what can I do. It makes me very happy, so I do it. Here's one of my perfectionism symptoms:


I created a google doc where I can organize "the system". For now, this is what I have, and I can picture an entire magazine with those. I'm following my ideas of adding more to the lit mag concept, which I explained in a previous post, and I'm developing the "how that would be accomplished". As it can be noticed, the parts that I've added don't make up too much of the magazine, as they are limited to two-page spreads or two pieces. My next step is start working on what each section will have for the edition I'm creating.

Also, I'm figuring out a schedule for myself. I'm on spring break right now, and telling myself that I'll be working tirelessly on this project is not realistic, so I decided to set apart some hours of my week for that. I want to visit Barnes & Noble to look at some literary magazines, be inspired. I'll set some hours apart to work on the table of contents -the WHOLE thing, even design. I'll set two hours apart to decide what my two-page spread and cover will be -I want this done so I can start designing both when I come back from spring break.

That is pretty much it. I'm happy I've got my mind wrapped around this.

No comments:

Post a Comment