Thursday, March 24, 2016

Who Cares about the Staff?

One of the sections of my magazine will be "From the Staff", where a member of my hypothetical staff describes, over dramatizing and romanticizing, an event in his/her life. That's a fun -maybe not fun, but creative way- to have an interaction between the hypothetical staff and the readers -it creates an emotional connection. I haven't seen any lit mags that have any section relatively familiar to this, but I'm choosing to innovate and be creative -in fact, those are the two reasons why I chose to do the magazine in the first place. The section does resemble teenager magazines, which have little spaces dedicated to telling an event, whether it is from the staff or a reader, and I guess I was inspired by that. But I am transforming the simple fact-telling into storytelling, bringing the beautiful magic of literary devices to "From the Staff".

I created one of my own to demonstrate how that would kind of go, and that's also the title I'll be using on my TOC (I have linked the google doc with the piece below). Bare in mind that this actually happened to me, back on a mid-summer night in 2014.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-qiKGZif_m-MuM_Nq1sKkgqcJmCZ85o_z6L7UVs53Jo/edit?usp=sharing

Third demonstration of writing skills on the blog. I hope I'm not becoming annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment