Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Not So Random Poem

I have been thinking -yes, nice, very good, thanks. I have been thinking and I've been thinking hard
And I've just decided I'm going to turn this post
Into a poem
It won't rhyme
and it won't be deep
But it will be divided into stanzas
So we'll call it poetry

I've come to announce
That my magazine will be out
Four times a year
Because lit mags are very clear
On their target audience
And mine is completely set
But also because
I find twice to be too little

I've also been thinking
That for every edition
I should have a small title
Summarizing the theme of the issue
Which will make each 1867
Special in their own way
And will make my life harder
Trying to (hypothetically) find pieces
That match each other

But most importantly
I've come to the conclusion
That the art should always
Be together in a section
            -the Art Section
Because it is to be admired
In its own separate time
And that's a convention
From the majority of lit mags
I would like to keep for mine

This post was meant
To explain many decisions
I've taken in this last week
And didn't think could become
A whole post each
So here I am now
Sounding totally nerdy
For turning a post into
Silly, raw poetry

(Some parts kind of rhyme, I'll give myself that)

No comments:

Post a Comment