Sunday, March 19, 2017

Ubiquitous Me

I think I might have put a little too much on my plate.

I have been a little crazy trying to work on everything for the project at the same time, since I have to deal with social media, try to get gigs, push them to write a song, schedule myself to be present at rehearsals and shows, etc etc etc. I've been thinking about a lot of details at once and consequently have not done much progress at any specific thing. This ends NOW. I can still think about details and progress in each part of the project, but I need to focus on one thing to progress A LOT ON right now.

So here's the schedule for the week:

Tuesday we're having a photo shoot around Weston to get some good pics for the website and social media. I also hope to set up their YouTube page so we can start posting videos...

Wednesday SOS will be performing at a school event and, hopefully, releasing their new song, Heartbeat. Yay. An opportunity for me to get more footage + listen to the song they want to do the music video on. (I mentioned something amazing, which would hypothetically be linked to this event, but it won't work anymore ~sad face~.)

Thursday we are getting together to do the interviews for the doc video and some additional material for the website+YouTube page! Exciting stuff.  I will be posting an outline of the questions Tuesday or Wednesday.

Friday I'm going to start the skeleton of the website. As concluded from the information above, I am gathering the material necessary to fill the website.

Saturday is my birthday -happy birthday to me- so I will be taking a break.

Sunday is still a mystery, but I will probably be working on polishing the website and seeing what else I need to post on it.

I've decided to work on the website intensively this week because the band is running a little late with the song. There really isn't much I can do without lyrics or a melody. I've been asking them a lot to finish this as soon as possible, but I'm also trying to be considerate of their creative process; I'm not the one writing music... sad as that is.

What's amazing me is that I've found the biggest difference between this year's and last year's project: working with people. Last year was just me, myself, and I, so I could work on my own pace and I not depend on anyone. Unexpected events were limited, specially since all I did was research, decide, and create stuff in a computer. This year I count on four people to make this project happen. I love the opportunity but sometimes hate the idea of not having full control. Nevertheless, it is much more realistic. I know with certainty that I will carry this project not only as a physical portfolio, but as a lesson on how a slice of the music industry works.

No comments:

Post a Comment