Sunday, March 12, 2017

Meet the Band

I've decided to post a little bit on my progress this week, so here it comes.

This is Rafael, the lead singer.


I started the project a little bit earlier than everyone else in the course because of my "doc video", which is going to take a while to film. I've already discussed it before in the blog, but here's a little recap: for the video I need to collect footage of the band in different concerts, rehearsals, and I'm still going to have interviews with each member. I've been to four events so far plus one rehearsal, and I think I got some good footage so far. Of course, the more the merrier, but I'm off on a good start, especially because after the group meeting we had this past week I've decided to keep it short. As I was talking to my peers, they mentioned that maybe the video should be some sort of introduction, a "meet the band" type of thing, and that I should keep it shorter and then expand on it with social media (I'll discuss that on a later post).




My vision is to have one song (an original song by them) as the base, playing through the whole video, and have some inserts without sound in some parts. Those inserts would include the interviews, some moments like the first and second videos, interactions with the band, small things like that. The rest would be the different venues they played in, with a variety of shots and movement to keep things cool and fun. The third and fourth videos I filmed thanks to my boyfriend after I said "I want to go earlier to the show so I can get them setting up", and when we got there he went ahead and said "why don't you film it in fast motion?", and I did. I actually liked the result a lot and I want to get more shots like that, but haven't had the opportunity since. I figured this could be some sort of opening and closing to the video, but I'll decide once I start editing. 


The last video is a my small "meet the band" for the blog, because I noticed I haven't shown anything of them so far. I thought it would be nice to show their faces, their style, their music (even though this is a cover of The Beatles). This video I actually shot in 4K, which if I told anyone they'd probably say "WOAH, so cool" and honestly me too... before I actually did it. I can't even view the video on my computer -too much. I had to upload it to YouTube so I could watch it. After that, no more filming in 4K, I'm lowering it a notch. (But I gotta say, the quality is BEAUTIFUL). 

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen, some Surfing on Saturn. I continue to follow them around like a proud mom, until my weeks are over (the weeks for the project, I mean). If you ask me, it is actually really nice: I got in for free at the Lightning Oscars and at the last concert -when I filmed this last video-, the guy organizing the stage said "you walk in and out like you're part of the band". And you know what? I almost feel like that is true. 
Do you think that's how this guy felt?

Almost Famous, by the way. If you don't know that... get your life straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment