Monday, March 7, 2016

Hi!

My name is Larissa Martins, but I'd rather be called Lari. 

This is my corner, my space, my place to be creative and artistic and express my ideas. As of right now, I see this blog as the one thing I never had: a tangible local to lay down the messes of my brain, sort them out, and, hopefully, create a great final product. Being completely honest, I was never attracted by the idea of having a blog, mainly because I have a hard time organizing my thoughts into coherent, entertaining text. I am a writer, but I write fiction; the idea of having to open up my mind and talk about my struggles, obstacles, problems just doesn't sound right. But now I have the opportunity to overcome this and I think it will be a big, although difficult, step for me.

I will be creating a magazine, a magazine that expresses something I am very passionate about, and hope to be so for the rest of my life: writing. My idea, since the beginning of the year, when the two options of projects were presented and explained to my class, has been to create a literary magazine. I hope to become a writer one day, and by choosing the magazine I saw the opportunity of exploring the more "formulaic" style of a magazine, while adding my own creative, ingenious ideas.

I am extremely excited for starting this journey, and I hope I can transmit it well through this blog. I know I'll have my moments of stress and despair, where I'll think everything is about to fall down, but I'll also have epiphanies and moments of bliss, where everything couldn't look better. 

Welcome to my corner. I hope you feel attached to it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment